Thursday, January 24, 2008

Words to live for...

There are some things which are as important for your sustenance as water and air... there are somethings you live by, and die for. For me, words are that important. I can live through the worst of situations, the worst of nightmares, the most horrid things by just reading some words... yes I know its bizzarre... but thats what keeps me going .... so heres one piece that has given me life more than once...

IF:

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!


--Rudyard Kipling











And continuing with the saga... something that helped me survive the most tremulous part of my life... again something i live by, and can die for...

I like odds,
they help me get even!
Success has no address, no landmark, no calling card.
But the path is steep,
& some will take the elevator.
But I will take the stairs.
Some will get there faster,
but I will get there stronger.
& a d v e r s i t y will be my t r a v e l l i n g c o m p a n i o n.
Because when I get there,
I can turn to adversity and say
so long
& heave the bag of taunts
& insults I gathered
along the way & scatter them
to the birds.
I will miss them.
But I will be lighter.
Yes,
that will be the day
when I will stand at a large bay window
& unclench my fist
for there will be no more odds to conquer,
not in the mind


- Anon





And the last one... a little bit frivoulous and rebellious when compared to the charm of the ones above... but wonderful nonetheless...



IMPOSSIBLE

is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than explore the power they have to change it

Impossible is not a fact.
It is an opinion.

Impossible is not a declaration.
It is a dare.

Impossible is temporary.

Impossible is potential.


IMPOSSIBLE
IS
NOTHING

- Adidas


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will you believe if I say I pretty much live by the first and the last of those passages ! Since like past 6-8 yrs .. :) Kipling has no parallels.. isn't it ?